Posted 14 hours ago by Amanda
The Prince Albert Catholic Division requires an I.T. Technician (Level 2) to join a strong I.T. Team that serves approximately 3200 students and 350 staff. Our school division has six elementary and one high school with French immersion and English education opportunities.
This position will provide an exciting challenge for experienced and qualified candidates who possess strong knowledge of information technology with a wide range of technologies. Candidates must have demonstrated organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills. The candidate must be able to communicate and support stakeholders (students and staff) while working with a team. The I.T. Technician will work directly with the I.T. Manager to build, maintain and support school division I.T. infrastructure and all associated applications for educational and business operations.
The I.T. Technician is directly responsible to the Information Technology Manager. They will provide technical support for the Prince Albert Catholic School Division. Without restricting the generality of the foregoing, the I.T. Technician (Level 2) shall be responsible for the following:
- Assist and support all staff and students with using computers and associated technologies.
- Install and configure computers and peripheral components.
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems.
- Perform installation and upgrades of network infrastructure.
- Install the required software in computer labs and offices.
- Assist with installing, configuring, and supporting the Windows Server environment.
- Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems.
- Repair and maintain the school division’s computers and associated technologies.
- Provide support for mobile devices.
- Maintain documentation regarding the work/changes performed.
- Help support assistive technology requirements (both software and hardware).
- Provide Help Desk support to P.A. Catholic Schools’ technology users.
- Report weekly the status of issues/concerns/requests from school division personnel.
- Attend any relevant in-service meetings, workshops, or training opportunities at the request of the Information Technology Manager.
Perform all other duties as assigned by the Information Technology Manager.
Training and Experience Requirements:
- Degree or diploma in Computer Science
- Strong knowledge of Windows computers and networks with a minimum of 5 years of experience doing computer/network maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair
- Experience with LAN and WAN administration
- Good knowledge of Internet security and data privacy principles
- Experience in SCCM, PowerShell, SQL, Azure, and Intune is an asset
- Experience working with Windows Server with Hyper V, group policy, and scripting languages are also considered an asset
- Certification as I.T./Network Technician will be an advantage (e.g., CompTIA A+, CCNA, Microsoft Certified I.T. Professional)
The following are the requirements for the successful candidate:
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Able to learn new skills and be a self-starter
- Able to work independently
- Able to work within a Team environment and interact with staff and students in a professional and courteous manner
- Able to maintain confidentiality in all school division matters
- A criminal record check and a vulnerable sector check are required
a) publicly support the school division’s philosophy, policies, and programs,
b) undertake to follow in and out of school a lifestyle and deportment in keeping with the principles of the Gospel and the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church,
c) take seriously the spiritual dimension of their lives, understanding that this includes identification with a parish and participation in the life of the Church, and
d) adhere to Catholic Church teachings within their formal instructional responsibilities and in their informal interactions with students.
Preference to applications received by November 15, 12:00 p.m., 2023, and should be sent confidently to I.T. Technician Level 2 Position, email [email protected]. Inquiries can be directed to Sean Kenny, I.T. Manager, by phone at (306) 953-7500.
This position will be posted until filled. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.