The Group Health Centre is a progressive multi-speciality ambulatory care health care organization, and is one of Canada’s first consumer-sponsored health care facilities. As Ontario’s largest and longest-established alternatively funded healthcare organization, Group Health Centre serves over 70,000 Sault Ste. Marie and Algoma District residents.
Reporting to the Vice President & Chief Financial Officer, the Director of Information Technology is a dynamic member of the senior leadership team who leads strategic IT initiatives, manages the delivery and support of day to day operations and plays a critical role in the evolution of all aspects of IT including Business Applications, Infrastructure, Networking, Help Desk, and Cyber Security.
- Bachelor Degree in Information/Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
The Ideal Candidate Will Possess:
- 15+ years’ experience in an information technology field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of leadership in information technology preferably in a health care setting
- Certification in Microsoft, VMware, Networking and Security technologies or equivalent experience an asset
- Certification and/or demonstrated ability in Project Management
- Excellent knowledge and application skill in information and technology hardware, software and networks. Experience, knowledge and skill specific to electronic medical records (EMR) systems considered an asset.
- Strong ability to serve as a knowledgeable resource to the organization’s management team
- Excellent ability in managing a department budget
- Excellent knowledge and experience providing leadership and direction to all functions, operations and best practices within an information and technology department
- Excellent understanding and proven ability to trouble shoot technology issues and to provide and implement solutions under extreme time constraints
- Well-developed skills relating to policy and procedure development, implementation and evaluation and risk management
- Excellent skill in exercising initiative, judgment and decision making
- Strong skill-set in communicating complex technological information and ideas in relatable terms
- Excellent ability and proven track record to negotiate product/services contracts with third party vendors; knowledge of Broader Public Sector (BPS) procurement practices an asset
- Excellent self-awareness, self-management, social awareness and relationship management skills
- Strong conflict resolution management skills
- Strong skill set in coaching, supporting and inspiring team members and colleagues
- Strong understanding of the elements of successful team dynamics and proven skill at leading teams
- Well-developed skill in living each of the GHC values
Competitive salary commensurate with experience
Comprehensive Benefit Package
Enrolment in Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
Paid Vacation & Leave Provision
Monday to Friday – Business Hours
Weekends & Holidays Off
Applications By: May 5, 2023
Please apply to [email protected]
Interested applicants are asked to submit a cover letter and resume indicating their qualifications for the position by May 5, 2023.
Those selected for interviews will be required to demonstrate their qualifications and required skills and abilities as outlined above.
Group Health Centre is committed to an application and interview process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free.
Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code/AODA. Applicants need to make any
accommodation requests for the application or interview process known in advance by contacting the Human Resources Department at
705-759-5513. Please note the Group Health Centre is a Scent Sensitive Organization. We thank all applicants, however only those
under consideration will be contacted.